UI Board of Trustees Recommendations
The University of Illinois Alumni Alliance is charged with recommending candidates for the University of Illinois Board of Trustees to the Governor. The UI Alumni Alliance Board of Directors is seeking nominations of individuals to recommend as Trustees. The UI Alumni Alliance will take no position on incumbent Trustees, nor will it recommend current members of the UI Alumni Alliance Board of Directors.
Trustees are required to be residents of Illinois. All individuals endorsed by the UI Alumni Alliance must possess the following desired attributes:
• High integrity
• Experience and skill in working with large, complex organizations
• Commitment to and experience with sound fundamentals of board governance
• Objective, sound judgment to act in the best interest of the institution
• Dedication and availability to fully and actively participate in board responsibilities
• Diverse competencies relating to key issues for University
• Characteristics of diversity in relation to other members of the board (i.e. gender, geography, ethnicity and race, profession, etc).
• Broad perspective and reasoned, tempered viewpoint
• Record of commitment to appropriately further the mission of the University of Illinois
• Graduate of the University of Illinois
For more information or to recommend a candidate for the Board of Trustees, please contact the UI Alumni Alliance at 800-355-2586 or email@example.com.